The Lowell Housing Authority was founded in 1937 and throughout its history has proudly striven for and achieved the highest rating from the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The LHA has served and continues to serve the residents of the City of Lowell in times of crisis, as well as in times of prosperity. From the time of its creation, the LHA has never wavered from its commitment to provide safe, affordable housing for the people who need it most. Neither has the LHA ever shirked its responsibilities or shied away from new ventures. The Lowell Housing Authority continues to reorganize itself in anticipation of the changing needs of the community it serves and continuing financial restraints of a public subsidy corporation.
"The Lowell Housing Authority team, working in partnership with other housing providers, local Government and our residents, will strive to provide the highest level of housing and a variety of social service programs that will assist residents and employees in achieving the highest level of self-sufficency".
- Provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing, thereby improving the quality of life of low income, elderly, families, disabled, and handicapped individuals.
- Achieve economy of operations and efficiency in the discharge of its public functions.
- Maintain stability and consistency of performance for the benefit of its clients and employees.
- Encourage professional staff development through participation in educational and training programs.
- Provide proper administration of the Authority consistent with the law and established policies and procedures of funding agencies.