First Time Homebuyers Program
One of the features available under the Housing Choice Voucher Program is the Section 8 Homeownership Program. This program provides an opportunity for current Section 8 participants to purchase their own home utilizing the Section 8 Housing Assistance as payment toward their Mortgage.
A number of the Lowell Housing Authority Section 8 participants have utilized this program and are currently residing in their own home while receiving assistance for homeownership expenses.
Interested participants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current Section 8 Voucher Holder.
- Must be a first time homebuyer as defined by HUD.
- Must qualify for a loan from a bank or a lending institution
- Must attend a HUD approved homebuyer training course provided free of charge through Merrimack Valley Housing Partnership.
- Must purchase a single family house located in Lowell.
- Must be owner occupied.
For additional information, please contact:
Mr. Tha Chhan
Division Director, Leased Housing Programs
350 Moody Street
P.O. Box 60
Lowell, MA 01853-0060