Administrative Assistant, Construction – Capital Dept.
The Administrative Assistant will assist in reviewing and tracking contracts, pricing, change orders, insurance certificates and RFI’s. This individual is also responsible for capturing and distributing weekly meeting minutes; coordinating meetings and assembling project manuals; identifying and integrating project documents into the planned project management software and interface with the public housing authority software system modules. The incumbent reports to the Capital Asset Manager assigned as the lead for each project.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with project management software.
- Assist in coordinating files for capital improvement projects and reports. Strong organizational skills.
- Assist in identifying new project management software and integration with existing systems.
- Facilitate and assist in communication among project teams – including architect and engineer, general or prime contractor, subcontractors, and Lowell Housing Authority personnel.
- Assist in meeting preparations and attend meetings with the project team as appropriate.
- Assist with project schedule maintenance and compliance.
- Processing invoices for payment and tracking.
- Tracking project cost to available budget.
- Create, prepare, or collect and file project meeting minutes.
- Track and report department deadlines for preparation and submission.
- Responsible for obtaining, storing (electronic), distributing and tracking warranty certificates in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for obtaining information and assembling manuals (hard copy and electronic) as needed.
- Assist in the conversion of records and the manual contract management process to a “smart” and intuitive digital process.
- Develop knowledge and facility of use with state and federal software systems and record keeping such as state DHCD’s CIMS, CPS and CapHub systems and U.S. HUD EPIC and other federal portal sites required for data and capital fund reporting.
- Assist project managers with any additional duties, including without limitation:
- Governmental reports such as the U.S. HUD Labor/Wage report (HUD-4710), EPIC energy-related project reports and data updates.
- Energy conservation audit preparation and site audit assistance.
- Create, generate, update and/or compile attachments and Environmental Review Report book.
- Research project management software and convert documents from recent projects including certified payrolls, submittals, etc. per the project checklist.
- Obtain, copy, scan, catalogue documents to promote durable and searchable records of all projects and integrate into system property information.
- Ability to provide written, filing and technology support for capital improvement building and site projects and reports.
- Ability to work independently on several high priority tasks and prioritize, as necessary.
- General knowledge and understanding of technical drawings and specifications.
- General knowledge of occupational safety
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions, specifications, and
- Ability to collect financial or statistical data for inclusion in the Capital Fund Program
- Experience with Procore, Microsoft Project Pro or other Project Management Software and competency with Microsoft Office Suite, principally MS Word and Excel.
- Research and inquiry skills, creative problem solving.
Education and Experience:
- The nature of this work requires considerable prior work experience, where skills in construction administration services and office technology are demonstrated.
- Formal training in office management and practices (typing, report writing, and operation of office machines).
- Associate degree is preferred but may be substituted by sufficient years of relevant experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Candidate shall possess a valid Driver’s
- MCPPO or NAHRO training/certificate advantageous.
Annual Salary: $50,000 with benefits
BACK TO ALL NEWS