Executive Administrative Assistant
The Executive Assistant will provide mature, high-level administrative support to the Executive Director and other assigned leadership staff as necessary. This is a highly responsible position in which the incumbent will perform administrative duties to support the Executive Director in daily office processes and practices. Responsibilities include drafting of written communications, reports and/or presentations; scheduling and preparing for meetings and events; meeting minutes and financial data; calendar management; telephone etiquette; files management and maintenance; and aide in ensuring executive office efficiency. The incumbent acts as the “gatekeeper” for the Executive Director and executive office. The position requires strong computer and internet skills, flexibility, project coordination experience, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with all levels of management and staff, as well as outside board members, clients, and vendors.
The Executive Assistant’s key objective should be to enhance the Executive Director’s effectiveness by providing information, support and representing the Executive Department to others in a professional manner. Sensitivity to confidential matters required.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides high-level, broad administrative support and assistance to the Executive Director and other senior staff as necessary.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, reports, emails, and other communications for the Executive Director.
- Conserves Executive Director’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence as well as collecting and analyzing information and/or data.
- Maintains and manages executive’s appointment schedule/calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel as needed.
- Receives incoming communications on behalf of Executive Director, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes or distributes contents as appropriate.
- Welcomes guests/visitors to the office: greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering and directing inquiries with tact and professionalism.
- Acts as the “gatekeeper” for the Executive Director and executive office.
- Maintains confidence of critical issues and information within the Executive Department and protects operations by keeping information confidential and secure.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems, recording, and maintaining meeting minutes and reports.
- Performs additional and other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to prioritize and/or adapt to changing urgencies to meet goals.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Conscientious self-starter who can take initiative to complete assigned tasks effectively with little to no supervision.
- Ability to interpret complex data, generate reports and /or create presentations for the Executive Director and executive office.
- Willingness to learn new skills and apply them as needs arise.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and typical office software and hardware with the ability to learn new or updated systems efficiently.
- Commitment to the Lowell Housing Authority’s mission.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/management, affiliated field, or equivalent years of experience in administrative/executive assistant role(s).
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as administrative/executive assistant at a medium to large organization.
Annual Salary: $60,000-63,000/yr with benefits
BACK TO ALL NEWS