Resident Service Assistant
The Lowell Housing Authority is seeking qualified individuals to serve as temporary, part-time Resident Service Assistants. The Resident Service Assistant will be responsible for assessing resident needs and providing ongoing support during building modification projects that impact those in residence. An outgoing, engaging and approachable demeanor is essential to the position.
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Property Manager or his/her designee with whom he/she shares on going communication concerning all matters arising during the week as well as those likely to develop during the course of the project. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining daily log notes as well as written reports on events/concerns/resolution that are routinely reviewed by Supervisor.
KNOWLDEGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Availability to work a scheduled shift between the hours of 8:00AM to 8:00PM during a 7-day work week (shifts expected to be four (4) to eight (8) hours in duration with some flexibility)
- Experience in interacting with elderly/disabled individuals and the challenges they may face both physically and mentally
- Working knowledge of community/social service resources within the Greater Lowell area
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all resident engagements
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to write clear and concise daily log notes and reports
- Ability to operate simple office machinery i.e. computer, cell phone, fax, copier, etc.
- Ability to climb stairs unaided numerous times per day
- Ability to lift and carry up to twenty-five (25) lbs. numerous times per day
- Ability to commit to a scheduled employment shift, arriving promptly and minimizing absences
- Coordinate and facilitate social activities based upon resident interest
- Identify gaps in resident services and report to Property Manager
- Work closely with resident services staff and property management to ensure that residents are thriving and experiencing only minimal inconvenience
- Complete daily well-being checks on all residents to ensure their safety and encourage communication of needs, concerns, questions, etc.
- Assisting residents with transporting their groceries/light deliveries from the lobby to their respective units, weighing up to 25 pounds
- Checking resident mailboxes if requested and assisting with handling outgoing mail/packages
- Aid in coordinating resident transportation to appointments
- Function as a liaison between LHA Capital Planning Department and residents in the ongoing communication surrounding project updates/delays/changes
- Ensure residents have access to common meeting areas on each floor and encourage social interaction
- Check stairwells throughout shift to ensure residents have adequate seating on each level to rest while utilizing stairs and that no hazardous conditions are present
- Contact 911/Emergency Medical Services upon a medical/building emergency and update Supervisor concerning the event
Rate of Pay: $15 per hourly, paid weekly
BACK TO ALL NEWS
Health and Retirement Benefits: Not offered – Positions are non-benefitted
Job Site Location: Varies
Job Start Date & Duration: Varies