Resident Service Coordinator
The Resident Service Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of group and individual services and supports for residents residing in state and federal housing sites to assure a safe and harmonious living environment for residents. They are also responsible for identifying and accessing resources beneficial to residents as needed and act as a broker on the resident’s behalf.
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Property Manager(s) with who he/she has regular meetings on all matters arising during the week as well as those likely to develop in the ensuing week. The incumbent is responsible for preparing written reports on activities that are regularly reviewed by supervisor.
Normally the incumbent would provide no supervision to other employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a Licensed Social Worker in Massachusetts.
- Experience in interacting with elderly/disabled individuals and the challenges they may face both physically and mentally.
- Working knowledge of community/social service agencies, elder services, family services and self-sufficiency resources within the Greater Lowell area.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Bilingual skills a preferred. Khmer and/or Spanish fluency a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all resident engagements.
- Ability to develop work methods and procedures where no standardized procedures exist.
- Ability to write reports clearly and concisely.
- Excellent problem-solving ability with good crisis intervention, communication, strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Knowledge of Federal & Massachusetts Fair Housing Laws.
- Experience serving people who are homeless, mentally ill, older adult and/or medically needy required.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle; must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Coordinate and facilitate services/activities, such as meals, education, wellness, and/or activities, and schedule office hours at designated LHA housing sites.
- Schedule and facilitate work groups with LHA Management Team as needed to complete work plan activities.
- Conduct assessment of clients’ addiction behaviors, need for socialization and other life changes.
- Working with LHA General Counsel and Legal Aid to develop Reasonable Accommodation plans for residents.
- Recruit, train and oversee volunteers who will assist with group/congregate activities or other personal services.
- Inform and refer residents to publicly funded programs and services.
- Identify gaps in services to families, elders, and adult persons with disabilities. Offer a range of service plans to residents with the goal of establishing and maintaining cost effective and affordable services.
- Assist in screening residents for area Home Care Program eligibility and establish appropriate care plans with Elder Services case managers and nurses assigned to the developments.
- Work closely with community organizations and social service providers to provide program support and services to allow residents to age in place.
- Implement needs assessment survey to provide ongoing evaluation and monitoring of services that are needed by residents in coordination with program evaluation.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation to meet all contractual and administrative standards as required to assist with the fulfillment of resident needs.
- Provide easy access to residents and LHA management while on-site at developments.
- Encourage and support the development of a resident council at each designated housing site. Attend meetings as necessary to address social., medical, recreational and education needs. Identify program issues and approaches to deal with them.
- Accept referrals from housing management and/or designated staff for residents and assist with the leasing and occupancy process as needed.
- Proved outreach, advocacy, and crisis intervention residents accordingly.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30
Pay: $60,000-$65,000 Annually.
BACK TO ALL NEWS
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Paid time off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Pension Plan