Family Self-Sufficiency Program Apply Now
Ready to Take the Next Step? You Set the Goals and We’ll Help You Get There.
BENEFITS OF OUR PROGRAM
- Individualized coaching to bring your goals into focus
- Create a step-by-step road map to help you achieve educational, career, and financial success
- Linkages to services to help you achieve your goals
- Build your wealth with an FSS Escrow Account*
- Prepare for homeownership
*FSS Escrow Account is a LHA savings account for qualifying participants who are employed and experience an increase in wages and rent.
HOW DOES THE FSS PROGRAM WORK?
Watch this short video to understand how the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program works!
¿Que es FSS?
What is FSS?
Lowell Housing Authority (LHA) has a new homebuyer program for HCV (Section 8) holders who are preparing for homeownership and meet these requirements:
- Prior FSS Program Participation is preferred
- All applicants must have been employed for at least 30 hours per week for a minimum of one year (unless elderly or disabled)
- Must be a first-time homebuyer
- Must be actively paying down debt
- Must participate in a HUD Certified Homebuyer Education Course
We Celebrate Success!
Nadode graduated the FSS program in June 2022. Nadode joined the FSS Program in 2017 with the hopes to generate more opportunities for her and her family. Nadode is single mother with three adult children–Lucie, Rehema, and Papy, and a Certified Nursing Assistant at Tewksbury State Hospital. During her time in the program, Nadode worked diligently on completing her goals, building up her credit score, completing ESL classes, receiving an Outreach Education Certification, and taking a Homebuyer Training Course. She is actively seeking to purchase a multi-family home for her her and her family.
Michael joined the FSS program in 2020 with the goal to improve his credit, establish savings and checking accounts, and purchase a home for his family. With the support of his loving family and the Housing Authority’s JobsPLUS and FSS Programs, Michael, was able to achieve all of his goals. Michael celebrated with his wife Tha, and their two lovely daughters, Kiss and Thar in August when they were able to purchase their first home, and no longer rely on housing assistance.