Family Self-Sufficiency Program Apply Now
My name is Kelsey Tauer and it is with great excitement that I join Lowell Housing Authority as the agency’s Family Self-Sufficiency Coordinator. My goal in this position is to not only be a resource for you and your family but to become a support.
I am a practicing Licensed Social Worker (LSW) and hold a Bachelor of Social Work. While I am new to Lowell Housing Authority, I have years of front-line experience advocating for and providing case management to children, families, and young adults. I have an unwavering dedication to social work and will have the same to you and your family.
It is my hope that together, over time, we can overcome any seemingly impossible obstacle and celebrate every achievement along the way.
If you have questions about the Family-Self Sufficiency program or if you’re interested in joining, please contact me to see how we might share in your success!
All the best,
Kelsey Tauer, LSW
Email: [email protected]
Ready to Take the Next Step? You Set the Goals and We’ll Help You Get There.
BENEFITS OF OUR PROGRAM
- Individualized coaching to bring your goals into focus
- Create a step-by-step road map to help you achieve educational, career, and financial success
- Linkages to services to help you achieve your goals
- Build your wealth with an FSS Escrow Account*
- Prepare for homeownership
*FSS Escrow Account is a LHA savings account for qualifying participants who are employed and experience an increase in wages and rent.
HOW DOES THE FSS PROGRAM WORK?
Watch this short video to understand how the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program works!
What is FSS?
Que es FSS?
Lowell Housing Authority (LHA) has a new homebuyer program for HCV (Section 8) holders who are preparing for homeownership and meet these requirements:
- Prior FSS Program Participation is preferred
- All applicants must have been employed for at least 30 hours per week for a minimum of one year (unless elderly or disabled)
- Must be a first-time homebuyer
- Must be actively paying down debt
- Must participate in a HUD Certified Homebuyer Education Course