The mission of the Lowell Housing Authority is to explore the development of new programs and to continue to improve the quality of existing programs to meet the affordable housing needs and improve the quality of life to Lowell residents.
As a public service agency, the LHA is committed to providing excellent service to LHA program residents in the community. The LHA's standards include:
- Administer applicable federal and state laws and regulations to achieve high ratings in compliance measurement indicators while maintaining efficiency in program operation to ensure fair and consistent treatment of clients served.
- Provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing – in compliance with program housing quality standards – for very low income families while ensuring that family rents are fair, reasonable, and affordable.
- Encourage self sufficiency of resident families and assist in the expansion of family opportunities which address educational, socio-economic, recreational and other human services needs.
- Promote fair housing and the opportunity for very low-income families of all ethnic backgrounds to experience freedom of housing choice.
- Promote a housing program which maintains quality service and integrity.
- Attain and maintain a high level of standards and professionalism in day-to-day management of all program components.
- Administer an efficient, high-performing agency through continuous improvement of the LHA's support systems and commitment to our employees and their development.
The LHA will make every effort to keep residents informed of LHA program rules and regulations, and to advise residents of how the program rules affect them.