Family Self-Sufficiency Program Apply Now
Ready to Take the Next Step? You Set the Goals and We’ll Help You Get There.
BENEFITS OF OUR PROGRAM
- Individualized coaching to bring your goals into focus
- Create a step-by-step road map to help you achieve educational, career, and financial success
- Linkages to services to help you achieve your goals
- Build your wealth with an FSS Escrow Account*
- Prepare for homeownership
*FSS Escrow Account is a LHA savings account for qualifying participants who are employed and experience an increase in wages and rent.
HOW DOES THE FSS PROGRAM WORK?
Watch this short video to understand how the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program works!
What is FSS?
Que es FSS?
Lowell Housing Authority (LHA) has a new homebuyer program for HCV (Section 8) holders who are preparing for homeownership and meet these requirements:
- Prior FSS Program Participation is preferred
- All applicants must have been employed for at least 30 hours per week for a minimum of one year (unless elderly or disabled)
- Must be a first-time homebuyer
- Must be actively paying down debt
- Must participate in a HUD Certified Homebuyer Education Course